Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Day I May Have Met a Buddha

We were in Kew gardens on our vacation in Great Britain (actually I'm not sure which garden it was...),

when we noticed, in the midst of summer, a suspicious pile of snow.

The snow must have been at least 3 and a half or 4 feet high.

Suspicious as it was, I wondered whether it was hiding any treasure.

So I peered inside a gap in the ice---

To my amazement, I saw what looked like a buddha inside!

He was meditating, and the ice was melted around him in a sphere!

It looked very real.

So I said: "Good buddha, good bud-dah!"

Then I beckoned to my brother and father.

"Hey, it looks like a buddha!" my brother said.

"I wonder if he's real!" my dad said.

"Let's test it!" my father said.

"I already said something, and he didn't respond" I said. "Seems real enough" I said.

"On second thought, we'd better not" my father said.

Then my brother creeped inside the buddha-bubbble, and touched him on the face.

"What did he say?" my father said.

"He said, 'I'm a buddha' " my brother said.

"So, I guess you're a buddha now!" my father said.

"No, not me! He's a buddha!" my brother said.

"I know!" Michael said, "You know, its about when people sit up awake at night:
they're dreaming of buddhas, and the question is: do buddhas dream of electric sheep! It look suspiciously like the cover of that book! I mean, a little too suspiciously! It must be one of those things that I forget the name of, like a goth installation or something"

"You're so smart. But it's pretty cool!" Brian put in.

"I wish it were a buddha. A real buddha!" I said. I didn't regret my wish for about 14 or 15 years.

No comments: