International Society for the Philosophy of Architecture » Ethics and Aesthetics of Architecture and the Environment
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Modification of Kolmogorov’s Axioms of Probability for Coherency Theory
(1) Let P be a non-negative real number
(2) 100% probability equals 1 (note: untrue with exceptions: some truths have false conditions).
(3) That it is a finite set or function
Corollary of the original axioms: All finite probabilities can be standardized from 0 to 1.
Assumption / insight: This might be useful.
Nathan Coppedge's Modified Axioms:
(1) Begin with a category.
(2) Categories are in some way rendered equivalent subsets of the set.
(3) The set and subsets are exclusive.
Corollary of the modified axioms: Categories can express coherent sets with relative absoluteness.
Assumption / insight: Relative absoluteness, if possible, might permit objectivity and ultimately omniscience.