Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Letter to Michael Coppedge 2019-10-15


Dear Dad,

You understand it mostly clearly.

No, the angled ramp is absolutely necessary.

There are pulley arrangements that can move things vertically with a smaller mass, but it involves moving the smaller mass a much longer distance, so my arrangement seems preferable.

Of course, I am still developing ideas for a wide variety of 'cheating methods' as I call them, so maybe there are some extreme cheats I have not explored yet. Most of the significant cheats I have found so far involve combinatorial methods or categorical logic. I often simplify by thinking of the general ideas of perpetual motion and coherent knowledge.

I have even started to investigate alternate categories majora like invisibility, teleportation, time-travel, time machines, magic, immortality, and other areas. I find it strangely satisfying there could be a limited number of categories, and it is interesting to think they could be part of one unified discipline.

It is my hope that each one of them could have unique cheating principles described by mathematics. However, for now most of those investigations are limited to applications of the Theory of Everything.

The experiment is clearly not using leverage, but the support for the larger stick is roughly analogous to leverage, but it is really a totally different principle, which means differences of mass can have a combined effect with leverage. Since it is two different principles, mass and leverage combined in inverse ratio can have a combined advantage similar to using greater altitude loss against lesser altitude loss. The use of a lighter marble at greater leverage distance has a similar proportional effect to a lighter weight that loses more altitude, although in this case the heavier weight would also cause the initial upward motion of the lighter mass. So the machines are even more efficient than the experiment.

I like to think you are mentioning my experiments to your scientist friends but I know it might look bad.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to be remembered by society if I live in an isolated bubble. I don't have a very appealing approach with people. If Youtube goes down or if my Quora materials get deleted my Amszon books may be all that's left of me, unless I become rich enough to develop a permanent archives.

---Nathan Coppedge

No comments: