Here is a diagram illustrating the development from classical to modern, and post-modern or futuristic ideas of stupidity. At left of the column is the argument "for" stupidity, on the right hand of the column is the argument "against" stupidity.
Among the historical examples of follologists was the late great Erasmus, who wrote In Praise of Folly, a very long-winded argument in which fools are defended tongue-in-cheek.
I hope this is a more efficient treatment of a similar subject (although I don't mention Plato).
Sunday, November 25, 2012
Ongoing Studies of Follology, the study of folly
Labels:
follology,
ideas for the future,
know thyself,
knowledge of his own stupidity,
philosophy for fools,
studies of folly,
the future of stupidity,
typology
GOOOD GUIDE ME VSVSVI should stretch, and avoid adventure. Known as Philosopher, Artist, Inventor, Poet. I live in New Haven near Yale University though I have never been an official student. Known mainly as a writer at Quora.com and as an Amazon author.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment