Monday, September 19, 2016

Did Nathan Win A Nobel?

I saw one of the same people that had come to my door before with a big group including some of my neighbors, supposedly investigating a Nobel prize, lurking on Orange Street again where the front offices are.

He actually went into the office, which makes me think it was related to me (actually, my first thought was that someone else in the neighborhood had won the prize).

I still don't know if the first visit was a hoax.

A physics prize would mean someone has built perpetual motion based on my designs, whereas philosophy would only happen as a literature prize if I were really popular (or, maybe smart).

I've mostly given up for the time being. I don't actively seek prizes. Most committees have imbalanced preferences or try to be objective. Anyway, I tell myself I wouldn't refuse the prize if it came my way.


No comments: