Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Big Influence on Many Philosophies

Perhaps it is not a well-known fact, but some philosophers are known to see psychologists. And this is often one of the most significant things that happens in psycho-therapy: The Cognitive Circle. It sounds corny, I know, but this symbol has been widely influential for logic, dialectics, and other methods of reasoning... My therapist, who is a Master in Divinity, drew this for me recently. It's the second time I've seen the cognitive circle in therapy, and this time I decided to record it, to know what I was dealing with...


In my philosophy, the Cognitive Circle has influenced several things, including recursive quadrants in coherent categorical deduction, and the general process of improving thoughts beyond the level of discrete logic. I will describe this briefly: (1) There is a beginning point, such as a mote, which is just the concept that something can be meaningful, (2) There is a duality or some other quantity of elements, (3) The elements are qualified in some way, such as by representing opposites, theorems, etc., (4) A logic is developed to organize the quantity and quality of meaningful elements, (5) Now, there is a 'new event' in which the overall logic is only a small part of a larger field of other logics, all of which relate to create an even larger logic.

There!

No comments: