Friday, February 27, 2015

Autobiography of the Inventor of Perpetual Motion

"The only thing I have against Nathan is that he is a complete moron" --Reidar Finsrud (2011)

Above: Swivel Lever by Coppedge, Pictured 2019


Above: 1st Fully Provable by Coppedge, pictured 2021


Above: Reverse Escher Machine by Coppedge, pictured 2021.



Above: Vertical Lever by Coppedge, pictured 2019


Above: NIBW4, Image by Coppedge from 2021

[Unlike most of my writings, the below content contains some material that may be offensive, this is real life after all. I'm a real person. This writing is not designed in the manner of a legal defense. Some people according to popular opinion look retarded, including me. It's not fair to me to have to explain that every time I write something that might be offensive. I face indignity every day because of what other people think. But I shouldn't have to agree to that.].


THE NEW AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF THE INVENTOR OF PERPETUAL MOTION

It should be noted that at one time it was rare and almost inconceivable that any such invention was even possible.

Perpetual motion is an idea which is rumored to have many perfections, and yet a high degree of simplicity. For the sensibilities of these earlier times such an invention was deemed a scientific and ideological uber-paradox.

The invention was, we shall assume, at one time, not thought of.

The birthplace of perpetual motion was destined to be a small city which happened to be the location of Yale University. It was also close to the same place where the prodigious inventor of the cotton gin and mass production, Eli Whitney, first lived. In fact, one of the major roads in New Haven is Whitney Avenue. Nathan’s childhood church, which was non-denominational, existed along that road.

When he was very young, his circumstances were strange. His father and mother spoke to him in Spanish, and the stonework around Yale was filled with gargoyles which seemed to mock him with their large ears and staring eyes. Since his parents were poor, Nathan dreamed of becoming an industrial titan sort of like these gargoyles and statues, which were designed to represent Yale’s great billionaire patrons and benefactors. The patrons may as well have been Eli Whitney, who was known to be a founder and industrialist. Later when people called him a faggot, he thought of these powerful billionaires, who might be said to be dressed like poppinjays.

When Nathan Coppedge was born, after a year or so of bliss, Nathan’s life met with a tragic accident: when his father was in the middle of changing his diaper, he fell from the table and his head became badly damaged. This injury was to affect him for the remainder of his life. In fact, it may have been his effort to recover his mind, since the ‘other people in the room’ were so intelligent, that he decided, that he would design something much like a catapult only better. This thought occurred to him when he was three years old and his Dad was reading him picture books. Since his parents still wanted him to speak in Spanish, the message Nathan was trying to communicate may have come across already garbled. His parents wanted him to learn languages, and maybe memorize a dictionary, not reconstruct the ancient work of Archimedes.

Because of his accident, although Nathan would have otherwise been a very brilliant child, his childhood passed as somewhat ordinary, if a bit painful. By the time he reached middle school he had seen some parts of the world such as Washington DC and other parts of the United States, as well as a brief time in Venezuela.

 

His parents though had been having a hard time, and were seeking a divorce. By the time Nathan reached middle school his mother had remarried to someone named Phantom Wells, which began to tax Nathan’s sanity. Nathan’s friends were music prodigies and math wizzes. Nathan’s brother was doing science projects on the inner workings of a computer. The best Nathan could do at the time was bury his head in a thick novel. The school system was oppressive and Nathan felt increasingly that he was not connected to other students. Nathan’s situation got worse at the end of middle school when he had an incident with his dance teacher (dance was a required course at his arts-focused school) in which he bared his butt in the Dance Office without underwear in an effort to demonstrate a dance move and earn a higher grade. What was worse is this behavior was not even characteristic of Nathan, who was otherwise just a mild-mannered boy who liked to play with *legos* and read books.

Entering high school Nathan’s whole life was about masturbation. He had seen the sexy body of his dreams the previous year at a science fair: a 15-year-old girl with curves like a goddess. High school passed like a blur. Nathan’s biggest accomplishments were a sleazy Japanese class and a budding interest in architecture, as well as qualifying for advanced placement which allowed him to take courses in universities for advanced credit. One of these courses was taught at Southern Connecticut State University on Eastern Philosophy, and the input Nathan received on his knowledge of logic changed his life forever. In Nathan’s mind if he could have big ears and know logic, he could do just about anything, including reproducing the work of Archimedes, or even, to borrow a computer science term, iterating them.

It was exactly this mixed bag of embarrassing feelings and potentially intelligent thoughts which led Nathan to study Nietzsche, get straight A’s at Bard College, face financial trouble, develop insanity, become an artist, and ultimately take greater interest in philosophy and inventing.

After a brief stint as a public library employee, there were several encounters which seemed significant:

AN INVENTION SUPPOSEDLY GREATER

I visited an odd shop, I was traveling with my father and brother. A Chinese man with an animated face walked up to me. As he walked, he grasped a machine in his hands. And as he walked, the most wonderful thing began to happen. I was awe struck. Is it a perpetual motion machine? I said. No. He said mysteriously. I was not disappointed. What is it? I said. My Dad said: A self-beating drum.

NATHAN MEETS THE CLEVEREST MAN

We were on the beach at Westville, where my step-mother's mother used to live. While we were navigating the rocks, a vision appeared on the horizon. A vision of a man walking, and laughing. "I bet you don't know what my secret is?" He said. What it appeared to be was a fly-wheel, with a listening box underneath. The flywheel appeared to be in motion! I analyzed it. Then I listed to it. "It's a fabled perpetual motion machine!" I said. "That's right!" he said. "But you still don't know my secret!" he said. So I busted it on the sidewalk! Inside, I found: A plastic disk designed to look like a flywheel in motion! And, a miniature conch shell, designed to create the sound of the flywheel! "Now, you pay me for that!" he said. I instinctively leapt away. Then, begrudgingly, I pulled out $41. “It's worth at least that much, but that's all I can afford to pay” I said. “Your secret is all I need to invent perpetual motion myself, plus some other things.”

DREAMS OF LIGHTNING:

I was in a dark wood during a storm when I thought: “If lightning strikes me I’m dead.” This had the tone of a eureka because the idea that I was the inventor of perpetual motion was not so different from the lightning that would supposedly kill me. Was I made of lightning, or was the lightning made of me? Either way, how would it kill me? Was someone saying I would die of genius? But genius is evolution, and evolution has already evolved by definition. And I wept that I hadn’t invented perpetual motion, and I envied the genius struck by lightning… Shazzam! I said to myself, and laughed a sad laugh. Now I am lightning. Eureka! I got it wrong! I said to myself, and I cried in my sleep.

It was only after these events, that I could especially qualify what had been so significant about an event in 2000, when I was in the middle of ‘college stress’ and my mother’s busy chaotic household, when we decided to celebrate an early Christmas in September:

EXPONENTIAL MECHANICAL EFFICIENCY

What is certain is it was during my time in high school, Senior Year. I was building with k'nex with my brother at the behest of our mother, who wanted us to celebrate my graduation. She wanted us to build this simply enormous Ferris Wheel set, that was gigantic, about 6 ft. Tall.

Only I wasn't interested in the Ferris Wheel, nor was my brother.

I have an idea, I'll build a perpetual motion machine, I said.

Go ahead and try, good luck, said my younger brother the prodigy.

A few minutes later I said, I did it!

You're kidding, my brother said.

I think it looks like a Sten Gun. I said. I can tell I blew it, I mean I blew the communication I said.

Stun Gun? What? Nevermind. My brother said.

It’s really really really real! Try it I said. On your finger!

On your finger? That’s disgusting! He said. Didn’t you just fart?

It really works, I said, I’m pretty sure. Try it!

I didn't know you could lie Nathan, you've learned to lie.

No, its real, I promise! I said.

Get lost, you jerk, he said.

We can work with the company the k'nex company and make an ungodly amount of money. Come on, let's do it!

You're just being weird. Besides, I don't believe you, Brian said.

I can't believe this, I built a real perpetual motion machine and you don't even believe me, and you're the only one who COULD!

[Although, being frank, all the device demonstrated at this point was natural upward and downward movement, not a complete cycle]

In tears, I left the room.

Then I returned and I said, Try it if you want, its right there.

No, he said.

Then I'll pretend it doesn't exist out of love for your ignorance, but if you ask me you're being as much of a jerk as me, I said.

IT WASN'T UNTIL MAY 12, 2018 THAT I BUILT THE DEVICE AGAIN, after encouragement from all these interesting events.

During the intervening time, mostly since 2005 when I proposed I would be an inventor, I thought of many designs: designs using buoyancy, magnetism, chain-reacting modules, horizontal wheels, repeating levers, tilting bird shapes, levers operating multiple wheels, wheels operated by water, motion-blocking,  automatic spirals, clocks operated by tilting, subtle pendulums, balls which seemed to defy gravity, vertical lever apparatuses, and finally later perpetual motion cars, flying machines, and even a perpetual motion planet which was designed to wobble out of orbit.

When I was 10 years old, I thought of a general idea for a perpetual motion lever boat, which was the inspiration for the whole thing. If it were not for the idea of a perpetual motion lever, I would not have thought to apply the concept of lever to natural torque resulting in the first major experiment.

For many years it seemed like I was the world’s foremost expert.

There were a few competitors, but not many:

Maybe you think Finsrud did it, or AB the Hammer, or the V-Gate guy, but I doubt they did, I have some evidence they didn’t.

·         The V-Gate guy confessed to me years ago that his device requires a spring if it works at all.

·         Finsrud’s looks horizontal, so is maybe electric (it might use a single secret electromagnet or turning rod from below).

·         AB the Hammer has nothing that looks working.

·         There are not many other real contenders, just a lot of fakes.

·         The recent examples didn't seem to exist on the web until 2019.

·         To date, the SMOT has never produced any real replications that cycle, the one example I found of the magnetic SMOT perpetual motion was upon examination faked.

 

So, the Oct. 11 Experiment looks to be the original.

Did I mention the Oct 11 Experiment? It was a key moment in a long series of key moments.

Perhaps the first great moment other than the Natural Torque experiment was a moment in 2005 with a coin swallower machine at “Mystic” Aquarium where I noticed that a penny, if it rolls in a long enough curve, can maintain a higher midpoint altitude than the base altitude on the previous turn. This was an epiphany for the idea of lifting a lever from a lower base altitude.

After that, another moment was in 2011 when I realized a lighter mass could lift a heavier mass slightly if friction were low. On the same day I also proved that a ball deflected at the base of a wall could travel much further than the distance it fell.

Then in 2018 I proved conclusively that a swivel lever could cause upward motion in a ball, then return on the same trajectory using the mass of the ball it lifted. This was the confidence I needed to become the real inventor.

Or maybe perpetual motion was already real, just kept a state secret?

I learned in 2020 that the Chinese had patented one of my earlier designs called the Curve Rail device which I had notarized in 2006. Only it did not appear to be a working design. In 2020 I quickly modified it and predicted a very slight over-unity. Unfortunately the Chinese did not seem to use my design.

There were vague rumors a company called Meta-mechanics might be working on perpetual motion, but since there was no information available my conclusion was they must be more secret than secret. There was no information available. They seemed connected to architecture perhaps, but their website did not show any working perpetual motion machines.

I wondered about the U.S. government. Perhaps some of the first 100 lost patents were actually perpetuum mobiles. Or perhaps “general electric” had been working on recovering the public debt.

However, information was numerous on how the patent office denied all new perpetual motion patents, and scientists seemed universally affirmative of perpetual motion being completely scam.

Thus, I felt justified in thinking I was still far ahead of the curve.

NOTABLE COMPETITORS:

1996: Reidar Finsrud builds a device. Experts rarely claim is it over-unity however. Finsrud was clearly active on perpetual motion at least by 2009 or so probably much earlier.

2000 or earlier, Adam Bolduc works on experiments potentially related to the Escher Delta concept which in later times seemed to show natural motion without altitude loss, though cycles seem not to have been proven (unknown).

April 17, 2013. Video by Csaba Horváth Likely perfection of the SMOT device. However, there appears not to have been evidence the video existed before 2021.

By 2005 - 2013 Nathan Coppedge had further evidence of other concepts, though not complete proof yet. 

To be continued….


...


...

This edition owes some structural properties to an edition published by a shadowy figure named Tomaz A, who was possibly really Alenka Tomaž. However, She seems to have credited her book, linked below, to someone else named Tim Gates.




This was earlier available as a different edition which was later determined imperfect. Here is a the book description for the earlier edition, which may no longer be available:


Numerous quacks have presented themselves throughout history. But no one---notably---has had the gall to write an autobiography making the claim that perpetual motion WAS invented. As the author argues, that is because it was NOT INVENTED YET! Using this simple but beautiful logic, the author (Nathan Coppedge, who has been noted for his work on perpetual motion machines) takes the reader on a romp through many of his early-life experiences, as an explanation for his own particular brand of genius. From masturbation to foreign languages, to madness, and elitism, this book has it all. The book includes photographs of the inventor and several of his inventions proven to have principles such as excess torque, over-unity, and recoverable vertical ascension from rest.

It is available now on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Autobiography-Inventor-Perpetual-Motion-Over-Unity/dp/1508631638/



No comments: