Friday, July 18, 2014

Red Letter Day

On July 3rd, 2014 I discovered the Master Angle, a particular configuration of horizontally-disposed slope and a particularly angled backboard which (I believe) permits an object to roll UPWARD.

This is possible because H - V > V (H).

This is possible, I have proved (or believe I have proved) in very particular configurations (I believe the equation is not enough by itself, but rather there must be a particular ratio of weight placement between the horizontal and the vertical, including consideration of the height of the marble relative to the horizontal slope, affecting the angularity of the backboard).

I have tested with a level, and the bubble is close to the middle, but sometimes indicates upward slope. The optimal case is shown in my video, Master Angle / Reverse Gravity 1.


No comments: