Monday, August 19, 2019

Cloissone Egg: A Kind of Truth

August 19, 2019.

In my understanding perpetual motion was one of the few things Marie Antoinette would cry about—and she did so copiously for what may have been 6 hours. I remember busting a Cloissone egg over that one, and being disappointed that all it contained was money.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself may have been invented that time.

One can imagine the archetypal Cloissone egg is inscribed with the words:

“Sad on rare occasions”.

Marie Antoinette viewed Cloissone eggs as a great mystery, like a door to another world, a message from God, or the spoil of the world turning against her.

  • Puzzle: If you give a devil a fortune cookie, must it come true? After all, what they love is unlikely to be the truth, the way to punish them is to give them something true. What if my other puzzles mean I'm a devil, then would this puzzle have to be true? But then, would perpetual motion have to be true? But then, would I be a devil? Would the devilled eggs look like cloissone eggs busted on the floor? Then was I psychic and did I do the right thing? You don't want to say that to a devil? What if I find money? Is it good, is it evil? What is the price of truth? Was I a philosopher or was I unlucky? The answer was I wasn't the devil. So I was the devil… so I wasn't a philosopher…so I didn't have truth, so i didn't bust the egg… so someone wsnted to rob me. But they didn't want to rob my soul, or did they? Why wouldn't it be virtuous to be a devil? They would rob a lot of money, why wouldn't they all be devils? How was it not a soul to have money? Why would I expect worse of them? Why wouldn't I think the world of them? And why wouldn't I think I was in hell?

2

Souls of Art

Soul Calculus

Instructions on the Soul

The Mysteries

Clues Go Into Grooves

Universal Composition

Metaphysical Variables

Immortality: A History

Timeless Movements

Methods of Divinity

The Laws of Timeless Nature

Soul Levels

Absolute Dimensions

The Essential Philosophies

The Calculus of Transcendence

...


High Literature: Ekphrastic Writing

No comments: