Friday, March 9, 2018

How To Be Smart: THE FABLE OF HOW NATHAN INVENTED LUCK

I had a psychic feeling I was going to be eaten by a shark.
I thought, if I’m confronting a devil fish, I need to hit the wall!
And I had a clue it was some secret related to John Locke…
After all, locks required keys, and keys were indicators of secrets…
So, from my standpoint, since I had big ears, it would be something that sounded likeLocke…
Locke was also a genius who had a small brain, which was thought to be impossible…
Incidentally, there was something called St Patrick's Day, which already existed. It was like Freddy Fixer Day, or Mayflower Day.
They used clovers because they were Irish, but I never heard the word 'luck’.
So… I approached someone, in madness as I may have been…
Me: You know, St. Patrick's is a LUCKY holiday?
Man: What's that mean?
Me: Well, it means clovers are actually GOOD for you. Actually, very good.
Man: Well, I'm not sure… maybe I DID hear that before. That sounds a little familiar… LUCK… yeah, lucky days… Geez… we almost forgot about luck!
But I thought maybe he was saying 'low-key’ days.
So, I thought I had invented it, or perpetuated it. Which explains why I later went on to invent perpetual motion…

No comments: