Monday, April 11, 2016

PROFESSORS I HAVE BEEN ACQUAINTED WITH AND THEIR GOOD IDEAS (AND OFTEN, INSULTS)


Take into account that I have protruding ears, which may have influenced their opinions.
Also, I don't tend to talk much, and who can I blame anyway if I'm not a gifted student...

Michael Coppedge (my dad)
Democracy is the most equitable solution reached in the most irrational way, while pleasing no one (?)

Richard Volkman (taught Philosophy 306)
Evolution is everywhere (in the text).
Plato tells us that sophists are kings.
Abduction is formed from competing hypotheses.

Mark Blosverne (was the only cool administrator)
You're an Idiot (Wisdom)
Think of an Idiot Savant (Intelligence)
You Could Do Better (Evolution)

John Berger (father of my former friend Elon)
Realist Aesthetics

Terrell W. Bynum (taught ~Ultimate Nature of the Universe)
Philosophical Realism
Permanent Information

Chelsea Harry (taught Philosophy 296)
Magic of Conversation
Nature is Fake

Rex Gilliland (taught Problems in Philosophy)
The Bones of Metaphysics

Nantiya (taught Eastern Philosophy, my first philosophy course)
You Love to Learn
Just as Better as a Fool

No comments: