Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Techne: Practical and Philosophical Advice and Guide to Intellectual Creativity

BOOK DESCRIPTION

FROM THE INTRODUCTION: 
Advice comes in many forms, but that is not to say that it cannot be classified. Over the years, of all the practical advice I have received, the most appealing were those that conveyed a symbolic message. Needless to say, examples of this specific type were scarce. I almost felt like I needed to hallucinate to see any fragment of a system within the advice I was receiving. I looked for logic, and found materials. I looked for leitmotifs, and found grunge and working processes. All in all it was very unsatisfying, until I found some common connections amongst the different types of advice. This book expresses the knowledge, both abstract and practical, that came out of that discovery. (Short: 32 pages. And cheap. Many of the quotes in my other blog post for today's date come from this book. It was written in one day, but considering that, the content is very good).

It is available on Amazon HERE.



No comments: