Monday, December 8, 2014

About my life...

I live alone, in New Haven, CT. I get inspiration from a spattering of book sales, and moderate web traffic. I'm a web statistics addict.

I visit my mother many of my weekends. She lives in Guilford, CT in her new and enormous, although not completely perfect house. She and her second husband  keep chickens in the side of the yard. The back yard is about 4 acres, and has a river behind it, and at least two sort of defunct apple trees.

I go to her house to use the internet and improve my social life (what of it there is: hard to understate the matter). What I care about are intellectual things, although I'm still finishing my undergraduate degree, so I can't boast as much as some people can. I thought I would be done with college a decade ago, but mental illness set in (paranoid schizophrenia, which I prefer over depression). For those that don't know, I have published over 40 books this year through my CreateSpace account. Most of them haven't sold any copies, but the Nathan Coppedge's Perpetual Motion Machine Designs & Theory---a version of material that I have made available on the web since 2006, with many updates----has sold over 50 copies now. Overall, I've exceeded my minimal goal of selling 100 books in 5 years. In fact, it's only been three years since I first published at AuthorHouse. That was a big mistake, but it gave me some confidence to find a new publisher (with some encouragement from my mother).

Three critical reviews of my work have given me encouragement:

"You are clearly a philosopher of this present age" --- Jamal Martin, quoted at Project-Syndicate.org, where I have posted many detailed comments on high-profile articles.

"Who is credited with 'the theory of perpetual motion'? Several scientist (sic) has been credited for their theories of Perpetual Motion such as Isaac Newton, Nathan Coppedge, and Albert Einstein." ---KGBANSWERS.CO.UK

"Nathan Coppedge, philosophical writer and artist in Hyper-Cubis(m) has impressive work in perpetual motion on his websites" ---Ramesh Maneria, PhD.

It is my hope that, at least privately (publically online), my reputation will improve and I will be considered a great man. If most of my dreams come true, I will take immortality medicine and found institutions before there is any danger of death.

It's the subtle things that matter, and I try to keep accounts of the small details that contribute to general well-being over time.

I don't smoke or drink. I haven't ever had sex (at least not in this life). I've gained a little weight from my medication, but I don't really over-eat. Sex is too dangerous, so far. Although I think I was offered sex once or twice. Hard to tell what that means, sometimes.

Life is okay, because I'm not depressed, and although I'm 32 I have money from a Social Security benefits program for disabled people (schizophrenia). I thank goodness that my I.Q. is above average and my family doesn't cause too much trouble, and I don't have any criminal friends.

If there's innocence in this, it's not the worst kind of innocence. Sometimes I can predict that I'll be innocent when I'm 62. My wisdom is behind me. Now I'm trying to live my life by being forwards-thinking. Some wisdom is ahead, but it isn't the struggle it used to be. And I shouldn't gloat, because I'm still socially dysfunctional (don't use your imagination, it's mostly ordinary and lonely on the surface). It all adds up to what I planned for, minus some sanity and minus a professorship.

I no longer plan to be a professor. I've probably said this before. That was the sophomoric hurdle. As soon as I'm qualified, I have a larger view of life. But at the same time, I've never gotten there.

No comments: