Monday, May 27, 2013

Yahoo Answers with a Grain of Salt

I have a Yahoo! Answers profile at: Nathan Coppedge on Yahoo Answers

I was once a best answerer in the philosophy category, but now I'm just trying to get my percentage of best answers up, not a very frenetic pace. Some weeks I avoid it.

My answers, however, are publicly available for anyone interested in gleaning knowledge, and / or references to book materials and categorical writings.

Here is a sample of a recent post I felt good about. Maybe it wrankles those that don't occasionally entertain atheism. I'm not really an atheist, I think life is sort of like a video game with complex rules and a non-synthetic value system.


Spiritually discipline of captivity, what must we do to return to God?



"There is no returning to God, the answer is existentialism.

And avoid cigarettes.

Worship the ceiling, worship that you don't smoke cigarettes.

This kind of thinking is more productive than religion for most people.

Even if church-goers look busy, they spend a lot of money and look confused.

I have a principle that any great man would start his own religion. But it isn't always the best move in the world. Humility might still be great for him.

As life says, the world comes before God. The sun is greater than the earth, but it has a different business. Don't confuse the sun for the earth, God for the sun, or immortality for God. They are all different things."

Link

No comments: